Sunday, March 19, 2017

A Little Bit of Quilting....

I have been so sick for the past 2 weeks but,  finally yesterday I was feeling good and since it was National Quilting Day I thought for sure I would get some quiliing done.
I left in the morning and visited my favorite quilt shop Patched Works in Elm Grove to try and find the perfect batik for my panel quilt that I am working on for the challenge with Oconomowoc Quilt Guild.  I could't find the perfect batik in the 2 1/2 containers of batiks that my sister gave me.  I did however find one I liked.  This was it.



So I took it to Patched Works to look for the perfect batik and I was very lucky to 
have found it.  It was bright.  Most of the other multi colored batiks were too dark.  
This one was perfect as you are about to see.



And as long as I was there thought I would pick up a backing.  I was going to go minky but, ended up with a beautiful turquoise flannel.  I thought with this color it could be a quilt for a girl or a boy. 


I finally did get a chance to work on my panel quilt today.  I was having a emotional day and knew I needed to go into the studio and make some art.. 
So here is what I have so far.  I really like it.  I have had this panel for many years and I hope that this quilt can bring a smile to the guilds face and whoever recieves it.  Of course I am not finished yet.  I'm going to be adding some more borders and who knows what else I might come up with. 


If you are in the Oconomowoc area and would like to join a great group.  Oconomowoc Quilters is really fun.  We have a retreat every year at the Pilgrim Center in Green Lake.  And we meet the 3rd Thursday of the month at Lord of Life church on Hwy P. and Lake St.  All are Welcome.  


No comments:

Post a Comment