Friday, January 27, 2017

My New Long Arm

I am so excited to be the owner of a new Babylock Coronet.  Wendy and Brad from Franks Sewing Center came over on Weds. and set it up for me.  Wendy showed me the bobbin winder and some of the basics that I needed to know to get started.  As soon as they left I started working on a small quilt that I had put together with blocks from a class I took with Victoria Findley Wolfe.  By the way if you ever get a chance to take a class with her "Do It". She is an amazing teacher.  This is opening up a whole new way of quiltiing for me.  I am so excited to be able to quilt my own traditional quilts as well as my art quilts.  I will however still do most of my art quilting on my Babylock Espire unless of course they are really large.  I have a lot of practicing to do with my new machine.  I just did some random stippleing on this quilt.  It was so much fun!! 
I have never had a need to take any long arm classes but, now I will because I need to soak up all I can to learn about these beasts.  Speaking of beasts...I need to come up with a name for my machine.  I think most people name their machines. If you have any ideas please leave me a comment.  
Someone mentioned the other day how blogs font size are sometimes too small for people to read.  So I am going to start using a larger font. I hope it works for everyone. 











No comments:

Post a Comment