Sunday, February 15, 2015

Wow It's Been A Long Time

I'm sorry it has been so long since I posted.  A year ago I was hired to work at Village Dental Group fulltime.  ( I love my job) But, that took a chunk out of my life of quilting and fun.  So now I am trying to finish up a quilt that I have been working on for 1 1/2 years.  I found the pattern in a magazine.  It's a pattern by Mark Lipinski whom I totally love.  The pieceing took forever because it was curved piecing.  I had to make 56 blocks I believe.  I used a bright white with chevrons on it and Marcia Derse fabrics.  I am loving how this quilt looks and can't wait to finish it.  Trying to decide if I want to quilt it or have it quilted.
Part of it on the design wall

I used sharpie to draw on my ruler for accuracy in cutting. 




My other love has been running.  If you follow me on facebook you can pretty much see 
what I have been doing.  Thanks to some friends Jen Buettner and Lisa Garms I started running last June and have never felt physically better in my life.  Including losing 15 lbs.  

This is the reason I started running.  I was so excited to run in the Breast Cancer Run down
at the lakefront in Sept.  Unfortuenately because of a hip injury I couldn't run but I walked the 5 K.
We really had a blast!!  I'm so looking forward to this year 2015.  I pray no injuries!




Last week I ran a virtual race for American Heart Association.  I ran it at the Petit Ice Center where there is a running track around the ice rink.  

This photo was from the Run From The Cops race in Waukesha.  That was my 2nd 5K .

Just because it is winter doesn't mean you can run.  


No comments:

Post a Comment