Friday, April 11, 2014

Not Quilt Related.. Laura's World Famous B. S.

Everytime I post on Facebook I'm cooking brussel sprouts everyone wants the recipe.  So I'm going to post it here and then I don't have to keep writing it up on Facebook.. I can just give them the link..
I usually buy a big bag of Brussel Sprouts at Sams.. Because after I make them I eat them hot or cold and they disappear quite quickly.
Cut ends off BS and if they are large cut them in half. 

Add canola oil or sesame oil  to the bottom of a large pan.  Not too much
just enough to cover about half the bottom of the pan.
Saute the BS for about 5 minutes in the oil. 

Add about ( and notice I always say about because I am the type of cook that
never measures anything) So add about 1/2 cup water.  Put the lid on and
let simmer 5 minutes ( or there about.. Ha!!) 

Remove cover and add the balsamic dressing. Today I used apple and cherry.
If I was a guessing gal I guess I add about 1/4 cup.  Or a bit more.
It depends on how much you want to flavor them. 

I saute/simmer them until all the liquid is gone and then let them cook
until they are almost burnt.  They get black from the balsamic but,
I also like to burn the little outside pieces that come off the BS.
Sorry this is not the clearest photo. 

If you have a Breast Cancer plate eat them off of that.. They taste better
and it's for a good cause.. There you have it.. Laura's World Famous BS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment