Friday, November 15, 2013

It's November



I have a few things to say today...
First off I am so thankful for all of you who continue to support me in my teaching endeavor.  It is truly a love of mine.
I am thankful for friends and family and thankful to God for giving me all that I have.

Today I just wanted to share a great tip I saw on Fons and Porter the other day.  When I sew a seam and I have other seams I have to go over I always wanted the seam to point towards the machine.  Well, I found out that if you have a seam point away from you it is less likely that it will slip and cause the seams to be out of line.
See on the photo the seam I am about to sew over is pointing away from me.  And that makes for more accuracy.  Makes sense!! I thought this was a very good tip.

I want to wish you all a very Blessed Thanksgiving!!

Sewing over a seam that is pointing towards the needle makes for less slipping and more accurate seams. 



No comments:

Post a Comment