Sunday, January 6, 2013

A New Year

Happy New Year! I can't believe another year has passed.  I have had so much fun the past year with lectures and workshops.  Thank you to all of you who have supported me through the year.
I'm still looking for a full time job but, in the meantime I continue to receive phone calls from guilds and shops wanting me to lecture or teach.  I am very blessed.
I have a few exciting events coming up I thought you might want to know about.

I will be vending at the winter quilt show on Feb. 23, 2013.  It is a one day show.  It will be held at the Washington County fairgrounds.  For more info here is the website.  http://winterquiltshow.com/

I will be teaching a workshop and giving a lecture at Common Threads on January 23, 2013. They meet St. James Parish in Menomonee Falls.  The meetings start at 10:00.

Ben Franklin in Oconomowoc has invited me to teach 2 classes there this spring.
April 4 and April 18 from 6:00pm - 8 :30pm I will be teaching a Bigfork Bay Cotton Co. class.  Ben Franklin has patterns and fabrics there for the class.  Or if you already have a pattern or a pattern and fabric and want to learn the steps to putting it together this is the class for you.  More info on their website http://benfranklincraftswi.com

This is Romancing Red a fun easy pattern to learn.










I will also be teaching a class on what I like to call Thread Sketching.  It is like thread painting but, not so elaborate.  This class is about embellishing with thread, beads, buttons.. etc.  The first week I will show you how to thread sketch and you will be practicing on quilt sandwiches.  Then you will take a piece of printed fabric and embellish it with your thread sketching.  It's a lot of fun!!
These classes are May 15 and May 22.  6:00 pm to 8:30 pm.


No comments:

Post a Comment